Reporting WIC Fraud
There are two types of potential WIC fraud which may be reported to the WIC State Agency.
WIC Participant Fraud:
WIC Participant Fraud may include but is not limited to the following:
- Dual Participation which includes:
- Receiving WIC benefits from more than one site at the same time
- Receiving WIC benefits in more than one State at the same time
- Receiving CSFP (Commodity Supplemental Foods Program) benefits and WIC benefits at the same time
- Making a verbal offer of sale to another individual or allowing someone else to do so
- Posting WIC foods or benefits for sale in print (in newspapers or publications) or allowing someone else to do so
- Posting WIC foods or benefits for sale on the internet (through websites such as craigslist, Facebook, Twitter, eBay, etc.) or allowing someone else to do so
- Making false or misleading statements or intentionally misrepresenting, concealing or withholding facts to obtain WIC benefits
- Attempted or actual returning or exchanging of WIC food instruments/CVVs or supplemental foods for cash, credit, non-food items, non-WIC foods or WIC foods in amounts other than those listed on the participant's WIC food instrument/CV
- Redeeming WIC Food Instruments/CVVs that were reported stolen, burned, damaged or lost.
- Giving away WIC Food Benefits or WIC Food Instruments/CVVs to someone other than an enrolled participant.
- Altering WIC Food Instruments/CVVs in any way.
- Other actions involving WIC food instruments/CVVs in violation of Louisiana WIC policy
WIC Vendor or Grocery Store Fraud:
WIC Vendor Fraud may include but is not limited to the following:
- Knowingly exchanging or refunding money for WIC food items
- Exchanging WIC food instruments/CVVs for money
- Giving rain checks, IOUs or crediting personal accounts
- Allowing WIC participants to purchase less than the total WIC food package
- Failing to fill out the dollar amount of the transaction in front of the WIC participant
- Charging higher prices for WIC food items to WIC participants
- Allowing WIC participants to purchase more food than the total food package
- Redeeming WIC food instruments/CVVs for an unauthorized vendor
If you suspect a WIC Participant or a WIC Vendor has committed fraud, there are four ways you can report this to the WIC State Agency for investigation.
1. Call the WIC State Agency at 504-568-8229
2. Complete the Online Fraud Form and submit it to the WIC State Agency.
3. Print the appropriate form above, complete it and mail it to:
Louisiana WIC Program - Nutrition Services
PO Box 60630
New Orleans LA 70160
If you choose to use this method, simply select the form you wish to print, then select the print icon at the top of the page. Click here for example of print icon. Fill in the fields on the form, then select "Print" at the top of the page.
4. Fax the completed fraud form (above) to 504-568-8232.