Disease Vector Program
- Regulates certain aspects of Mosquito Control, Rodent Control and the control of domestic flies and other arthropods of
- Public Health importance.
- Reviews and approves any community abatement plans.
- Enforces general Rodent Control regulations.
- Louisiana Mosquito Abatement Program (LAMAP) (HTML) - The project known as Louisiana Mosquito Abatement Program or LaMap, was unveiled in April 2003, to encourage parishes not having formal organized mosquito abatement districts to establish programs. The Office of Public Health, in partnership with the Louisiana State University Agriculture Center, worked to develop a comprehensive planning tool to be used by parishes to design mosquito abatement programs specific for the needs of the parish.