Practice Management Consultation
Practice Management Consultation sSrvices help communities to improve the health status of Louisiana residents in rural and underserved areas. Program consultants work proactively to build and sustain the capacity of community health systems to provide integrated, efficient and effective health care services.
The Bureau uses a practice management strategy to help enable our customer's ability to overcome the "challenges of fluctuating markets and adapt to the ever-evolving needs of its customers." Primary health care providers have access to clincial and financial operational assessments followed by recommendations for improvements. Our team works to provide these services in an effort to increase the financial viability of local health care practices and sustain quality health care services in communities.
- Federally qualified health centers (FQHCs)
- Rural health clinics (RHCs);
- Rural physician practices;
- Small rural hospitals (SRHs);
- Critical access hospitals (CAHs);
- School-based health centers (SBHCs); and
- Other entities offering primary health care services.
- Charge capture and coding;
- Collections and accounts receivable;
- Fee schedule development;
- Financial reporting and accounting;
- Managed care contracts; and
- Automation opportunities;
- Electronic transactions;
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliance;
- Information systems needs analysis;
- Privacy; and
- Optimal staffing;
- Personnel policies;
- Skill requirements;
- Training and development;
- Business planning;
- Customer relations and patient satisfaction;
- Public relations and community outreach; and
- Strategic planning.
Business and Clinical Operations
- Licensure, credentialing, and certification;
- Medical record compliance and review;
- Patient care systems;
- Patient communications;
- Patient education;
- Quality assessment and process improvement;
- Risk management;
- Scheduling and patient flow; and
- Planning and marketing.
We Can Help You Answer The Following Questions
- Should our clinic add a nurse practitioner to the medical staff?
- How can we see more patients without extending clinic hours?
- How can we collect more on the claims we file?
- Should we consider converting to a rural health clinic or a federally qualified health center?
- Which diagnostic and treatment services would increase our clinic's income?
- What computer system would best meet our needs?
- Could staffing changes improve our clinic's efficiency?
- Would opening a second clinic location be beneficial?
For more information, contact:
Tracie Ingram, Program Manager
Physical Address: 628 North 4th Street, 8th Floor, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3118, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3118
Phone: (225) 342-9513
Fax: (225) 342-5839