Family Opportunity Act Medicaid
What is the Family Opportunity Act Medicaid?
The Family Opportunity Act Medicaid provides health coverage to uninsured or underinsured children with disabilities in families with too much income to qualify for Medicaid or LaCHIP.
What Services Are Provided Through the Family Opportunity Act Medicaid?
Enrollees receive the full range of services covered by Louisiana Medicaid:
- Medical Equipment
- Medical Transportation
- Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy
- Prescription Drugs
- Rehabilitative Services
- Hospital and Primary Care Physician Visits
How Does My Family Qualify for the Family Opportunity Act Medicaid?
The child must:
- Be 18 years old or under.
- Have a physical or mental condition(s) that meets the federal definition for childhood disability.
- Meet financial criteria.
Applications forms are available:
- online at www.medicaid.la.gov.
- by calling the Medicaid office at 1-888-342-6207.
- through parish Medicaid offices and local Medicaid Application Centers.