Early Periodic Screening and Diagnostic Testing (EPSDT) Personal Care Services
All Medicaid recipients 0 to 21 not receiving Individual Family Support waiver services. However, once a recipient receiving Individual Family Support waiver services has exhausted those services they are then eligible for EPSDT Personal Care Services.
- Basic personal care (toileting & grooming activities)
- Assistance with bladder and/or bowel requirements or problems
- Assistance with eating and food preparation
- Performance of some household chores, only for the recipient
- Accompanying, not transporting, recipient to medical appointments
EPSDT Personal Care Services does NOT cover any medical tasks such as medication administration, tracheostomy care, tube feedings or catheters.