HSS Request for Data Procedure
Health Standards Section has access to two main databases:
1. Licensure - State owns the database. Contains facility/provider name, license number, license expiration date, number of licensed beds, physical address, mail address, phone, FAX, parish, email address, type ownership, owner/entity name, address, phone, FAX, number of licensed beds.
2. Survey and Certification - Federal government owns the database. Contains facility information (name, address, phone number, FAX), complaint and survey inspection data.
Please include the following when submitting a request for data to HSS:
1. Requestor name
2. Requestor affiliation - example: provider, research organization, etc.
3. Requestor contact information
4. Desired Program(s) - example: Nursing Home, Hospital, etc.
5. Purpose - explain how data will be used
6. List data elements and format
Example: Nursing Home name, geographical address, phone, FAX and parish in Excel format.
HSS will review the data request. If it is determined that the data resides in the Federal database you will be directed to contact CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) ResDAC (Research Data Assistance Center).
Licensure data will be provided if it is readily available. Provider directories that contain name, address, phone number, Fax and total number of licensed beds are readily available. More complex data requests will be submitted to the DHH Information Technology (IT) Service Desk.
Submit request to:
DHH - Health Standards Section
P.O. Box 3767
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
or email firstname.lastname@example.org