Emergency Medical Services (EMS) License Renewal
A renewal letter will be mailed to the provider from Health Standards Section approximately 75 days in advance of the license expiration date. Once all requirements have been met, a new license will be mailed to the provider on the 20th or 21st of the month before the current license expires.
Items that shall be submitted to Health Standards Section for a license renewal:
2. List of all drivers and certified personnel (EMT, RN/LPN), including social security number, and license or registry number.
3. List of all ambulance stations: include complete geographical address.
4. List of all vehicles: Ambulances and Sprint Vehicles include VIN, make, year model, type, GVW, license plate number, unit (fender) number, and mileage.
5. Certificates of Insurance: Medical Malpractice, Automobile Liability, General Liability. We do not accept Louisiana Automobile Insurance Identification Cards.
6. License renewal of $100.00 plus $75.00 per vehicle.
7. An electronic copy of current medical protocols, with each page signed by the medical director and accompanied by a cover letter from the appropriate parish or component medical society/societies for use in the service area.
8. An electronic copy of current standard operating procedures.
(The electronic copies may be submitted on a CD, memory stick (jump drive) or e-mail file.)
The following forms will help you prepare for an inspection: