Abortion Facilities Initial Licensure Requirements
The following are required for initial license application:
1. Letter of intent mailed to Health Standards, DHH, P. O. Box 3767, Baton Rouge, La. 70821, identifying the DBA name of the proposed Abortion Facility to be licensed, the geographical address of where the abortion facility will be located, and the approximate date that the abortion facility will be ready for licensing.
2. Licensing application
3. Licensing fee of $600
4. Architectural plan approval letter from Plan Review
5. A floor plan sketch of the premises to be licensed with all areas identified as to its use.
6. An occupancy approval inspection from the Office of Public Health.
7. An occupancy approval inspection from the Office of State Fire Marshal.
8. Verification that application has been made to the State Board of Pharmacy for the facility’s CDS (Controlled Dangerous Substance) license.