The Request for Proposals (RFP) for Louisiana's Medicaid managed care program called Bayou Health was made available on the Louisiana Procurement and Contract Network site today.
Bayou Health serves more than 900,000 Medicaid recipients through a network of managed care organizations (MCO). The RFP for Bayou Health seeks competitive bids for the contracts to serve as the MCOs for Bayou Health beginning Feb. 1, 2015.
The RFP may be viewed here: http://new.dhh.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/3077.
There was an inadvertent error in the timeline in the original text of the RFP posted above. Important corrections have been made in the following document: http://wwwprd1.doa.louisiana.gov/OSP/LaPAC/agency/pdf/5801002.pdf. The corrections include the following:
- Written questions must be received by Aug. 4 at 4 p.m., instead of 11 p.m.;
- Letters of intent to propose are due by 4 p.m., on Aug. 8, instead of at 11 p.m.;
- LDH will respond to all written questions by Aug. 18 at 11 p.m., instead of by 11 p.m. on Aug. 29;
- Follow-up written questions are due no later than Aug. 25 at 4 p.m., rather than Sept. 5 at 11 p.m.
- DHH's responses to follow-up written questions will be completed by Sept. 1 at 11 p.m., instead of Sept. 18;
- Proposals are due Sept. 26 at 4 p.m., rather than on Oct. 15 at noon;
- Proposal evaluations will begin on Oct. 1, rather than Oct. 20; and
- Contract awards will be announced on Oct. 24, instead of Nov. 3.
Requests for copies of the RFP and written questions or inquiries must be directed to the RFP Coordinator listed below:
Department of Health and Hospitals
Division of Contracts and Procurement Support
P.O. Box 1526
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-1526