Responses to Long Term Services and Supports Request for Information - REVISED
Monday, February 4, 2013
Contact: Bayou Health (225) 342-7878
On November 29, 2012, the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH) issued a Request For Information (RFI) seeking creative, innovative and viable strategies that would assist Louisiana with restructuring the organization and delivery of Medicaid services to individuals receiving Medicaid-funded Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS). The key objectives of restructuring are to:
- Improve quality of services and health outcomes;
- Decrease fragmentation and improve coordination of care;
- Create a system that utilizes proven and/or promising practices;
- Refocus the system in order to increase choice and provide more robust living options for those who need LTSS and their families; and
- Rebalance the system in order to meet the growing demand for services within the existing level of expenditures for the LTSS population.
The Department received eighteen (18) responses, which are linked below:
- Advocacy Center
- Aetna Better Health
- Amerigroup Louisiana, Inc.
- AmeriHealth Mercy
- Community Health Solutions of Louisiana
- The Council on Quality and Leadership
- Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council
- Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- Louisiana Nursing Home Association
- Magellan Health Services
- Peoples Health
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc.