Course Number: DHH-13-0007
Date: March 18, 2013
Training Type: General
Target Audience: Anyone holding a position within the DHH EOC
Presenters: Wymon Dawson and Channing Donald, MPA; and Keith Phillips, OPH Center for Community Preparedness
Format: Classroom instruction.
Overview: Tactical Communications Training is designed to provide DHH employees with an overview of the different types of communications devices that may be used in support of an emergency response. These modes of communications will be utilized during an event by the DHH Emergency Operations Center. This training will be available once every quarter.
· The sessions will follow the format below:
· Introduction to Communications: Overview of Devices
· What is Health Alert Network (HAN)
· NPHRN Training & HAM Radio Volunteer Operator Training
· Hands on with devices: Learning how to use Radios, EGGs and BGANs
1. At the end of this presentation, the learner will be able to:
2. Have a basic understanding of the Health Alert Network.
3. Have a basic understanding of a HAM radio network and how to become a certified HAM radio operator.
4. Effectively operate tactical communications devices.
Key Words/Program Areas: Tactical Communications
Contact Person: OPH Workforce Development
Contact Phone: 225-354-3517
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org